Friday, January 13, 2012

Quinby!


Well this past weekend we did it, we got a new puppy! I know as some of you read this you might think I have totally lost it.  Why in the hell would I agree to a new 8 week old puppy when I have a 2.5 year old, a 4 month old, two other dogs and two outside cats?!?!?  I can't blame it on sleep deprivation because thank goodness, R is a great sleeper!  It is plain and simple it was just the right time!

Drake our wonderful 10 year old lab is still kicking it with us, however he has hunted his last hunt as Brad's loyal companion.  This makes me a little sad to say, Drake is an incredible hunting dog, really one of the best out there, however just like a human there comes a time when you have to just hang it up.  After an incredible hunt on New Year's Eve Drake spend the next 7 days hardly being able to move :( So we decided as a family to let that be Drake's last hunt.  I immediately started looking for new puppies before Brad could change his mind, know that once we had a new pup he would not be so focused that Drake could not hunt anymore.

So we found a litter in Dalzel, SC (which is outside of Sumter, SC).  There is not much to the town at all, and I am pretty sure the breeder had never left the town of Dalzel.  She was an interesting one for sure! 

Brad has started to work on her a little with fetching, she is really doing well.  He is super pleased to say the least.
 So here's to my four legged children that keep me laughing, loving and living!

No comments:

Post a Comment