Monday, June 13, 2011

Milestones....

There are milestones everyday that we reach, it can be with our friends, our spouse, our family or our children.  This weekend our major milestone was with MC.  She is officially sleeping in a big girl bed. 

I had been dreading this move to the big girl bed for a while, I have heard more often than not that it is a nightmare!  So I took the approach well she sleeps really well in her crib, I am not going to rock the boat.  That was my way of avoiding what I was afraid of was going to be more sleepless nights and mulitple trips upstairs to get her back in the bed.  

With my belly growing and the development of two hernias which has limited the amount I can lift, I bit the bullet.  My mom had my grand-father's antique toddler bed which is the same bed I slept in when I was MC's age in her attic so this weekend B braved my mom's attic and brought it home.  MC was so excited about it, she helped me get the dust off it and polish it with furniture polish.  She asked B to take her new bed to her room so she could sleep in it!  The rest is history!  

Hopefully potty training will go this well, but I can promise you one thing, that is months away!  I am not ready for that!

Here is MC in her Big Girl Bed!  The side folds up to make a bed rail, she told me today at nap time to buckle her big girl bed's seat belt!



Here's to the little moments in life that keep us laughing, loving and living!

No comments:

Post a Comment