Friday, February 24, 2012

Feeling the need to be Crafty...

Over Christmas I got crafty (or at least tried to).  I made several homemade gifts this Christmas, but my favorite was the puppet theater I made for MC.  I had no pattern and just winged and it worked!  It turned out so much better than I thought and I had all the supplies I need in my house except for the 1 yard of pink pom poms. 

MC loves to put on shows for us.  Little R thinks her sister's shows are very funny!  Which is all the encouragement MC needs to keep the shows coming daily.  

Well the crafty itch has come back, so all week I have been on a quest for which DIY Pin I am going to do next.  All week I have been looking  through my boards trying to figure out what pin will satisfy this need for crafting.  Come up less than inspired, lots of great things but nothing was that one thing I want to try next!

Well I had the great idea, while lying in bed Wednesday night.  I would make a puppet theater for Reese one of MC best little friends, whose birthday is coming up on Easter weekend.  Reese and Merritt are 2 months apart so I know she will love it.  The idea was settled however, I now need to find the fabric that would be just perfect for little Reese.  When I made MC the fabric was easy it matches her rocking chair my mom gave her for her "Big Girl Room", it was a no-brainer.  After searching the web for fabric, I found the perfect one.   Pink, orange and yellow brunette ballerinas.   Reese like MC is very petite she had the wonder brown hair just like her momma and she loves to wear tutus!  When I saw it just said "hi I am the perfect fabric, buy me now!"  So I did I have 2.5 yards on the way to me as we speak! 





I think I am going to try to take pictures as I do this one, so I can out a tutorial up on the basics of the construction process.  I can't wait to show y'all the finished product!  It is going to be similar, but different for sure than MCs.  (P.S. making stuff for kids is so much more fun than for yourself)!!

Here's to the little craft projects in life that keep us laughing, loving and living!

No comments:

Post a Comment