Monday, May 7, 2012

Pluff Mud Living

There are certain things you learn growing up here that turn into some of your fondest memories as you look back and then even more precious when you share them with the next generation. Crabbing is one of these in my book.  

I remember countless days crabbing all around the Lowcountry with my dad, mom, grand-parents and my sisters.  I remember sitting and watching my grand-mother Nana pick a crab over a pile of newspaper telling me "child one thing for sure you leave no meat."  The taste of fresh boiled crab is something all to itself also.  

Today was MC's first day crabbing.  She was so excited.  She woke up this morning talking about it.

I sat on the top of the dock with Little R listening, watching and soaking in the wonderfulness of B showing and teaching MC the art of crabbing on the floating dock.  There is nothing in my opinion that watching a manly man softly and kindly explain something to his daughter.  I look forward to the day that Little R is right there in the mix with them.  



Here's to the little moments in life that take you back and keep you laughing, loving and living!

No comments:

Post a Comment