Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainy Days

I have to admit there was a time in my life where I hated rainy days.  The rain ruined the whole day as far as I was concerned.  I remember like it was yesterday when I whole philosophy changed.  It was the summer in between my freshman and sophomore year on high school.  I spent a week at Camp Merry Times, a week camp in North Carolina for children with cancer and their families.  It was a rainly day in the NC mountains and we were all waiting for the dinning room to open for lunch when someone (not myself thank goodness) complained about the rain, a cancer survivor with a smile on his face simply  said "rain is liquid sunshine."

Man like a ton of bricks did that statement hit me.  I remember feeling as big as a little sugar ant, how stupid and self-centered had all of us who have been pleased with healthy rainy days been when we had complained when we could not ride our bike, go in the boat or even so much as to complain about a bad hair day!  There were thousands of children and adults fighting and praying for one more day, they did not care if it was sunny, raining, sleeting or snowing they just wanted one more day.

So everyday it rains I remember that moment where I realized that rain was liquid sunshine!  Also when else can you wear cool rain coats and fun rain boots?!?!?!

MC likes to wear hers when it rains and even when it does not!
 
Here's to the little moments in life that keep us laughing, loving and living!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment