Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello Savings it it so nice to meet you!

I feel like such a nerd at the grocery store when I wait for the cashier to hit the total button to watch and see how much I saved.  Today was my best at the grocery store ever!  I shop 90% of the time at the local Harris Tetter, I have a VIC card which is linked with my email so I get special eVic specials.  I spent $60.15 and saved (drum roll please) $76.71!!!   I had the biggest grin on my face as the check out guy hit the total button, he double check to make sure it was right!  Almost everything was either BOGO (buy one get one) or  B1G2 (buy one get 2), this really adds up especially when you are talking meat!

Here is a sampling of what I got, really the big deals:
  • Pack of 3 chicken breasts (B1G2) - the limit was 6 packs so you better believe I bought 6
  • Smithfield Pork Tenderlions (B1G1)
  • Cantelopes (B1G1)
  • GoGurt (B1G1) - MC loves it!
  • 100% beef hotdogs (B1G1)
  • Kraft Cheese 8oz Bag (B1G1)
  • Harris Tetter 5 lbs bag of apples was only $2.49
Not only am I a freak about the grocery store savings, I love Ebay and Craigslist.  Below is my latest Craigslist buy, a huge Swingset for MC.  It easily would have been over $1700 with all the things it came with, but on Craigslist it was $450!  The man built it himself and they took great care of it.  A little pressure wash for the wood and some soap for the slides it looks brand new!



So here is to Laughing, Loving and Living and saving some cash!

2 comments:

  1. i just printed my shopping list and coupons... interested to see if i can do as well as you did... you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I can't believe you got such great deals! You're so thrifty!

    ReplyDelete