Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Date with a Book

A couple of months ago some of the girls (really ladies, but that sounds too old)  I run with decided to form a book club.  I decided being in a book club would be lots of fun and we meet every other month which seemed to be realistic for me to read a book in two months.  I like to read however with out time deadlines (like in college) I tend to let a book collect a little dust on my bedside table in between chapters!  

What I think I am going to love about this book club the most is that everyone is super laid back, getting together to talk about the book is as much about the book  as it is getting together with everyone.  So if I don't finish the book I feel I still can go and not be banished to the corner for not completing the assignment!

Here is the list of what we are reading over the next months/year to come.  The pathetic part of this list is that I had 3 of these books in my secretary that I have not opened yet.  Apparently I was in dire need of a book club!  I challenge you to join me on this reading adventure and follow our schedule.  After each meeting I will re-cap the discussion on my blog.

May ~ The Help by Kathryn Stockett
 
July ~ The Red Tent by Anita Demant
 
September ~ The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
 
November ~ The Island by Elin Hinderbrand
 
January ~ People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
 
March ~ Hotel on Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
 
May ~ Plantation by Dorthea Frank 
 
So here is to my little reading adventure and the moments in life that keep us laughing, loving and living!

2 comments:

  1. I have read most of those and own a lot of them if you need them. Plantation is one of my favorite books OF ALL TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've read the island and it's GREAT! definitely will provide for good conversation! i dream of someday starting a book club!

    ReplyDelete