Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Porches

When B and I started designing our home in the Summer of 2009.  I knew a large back porch over looking our pond was something that I was not willing to sacrifice on, B further sweetened the deal by adding an outside fireplace to the non-negotiable list with the back porch.

I guess it is something to do with growing up in the South, but a porch is not just a part of your house plan but I believe part of your lifestyle.  This might seem a little weird to some, but truly I believe it.  There is just something about a porch, it seems to be where my world stops and I can sit back and watch the rest of the world around me continue.  Whether I am watching MC play, talking to B while he cooks a steak, enjoying a good book when my house is quite or laughing with friends around a warm winter fire, our porch is my Terabithia.

There are several things that no matter time of the year it is you will find on my back porch:
  • At least 6 different toys for MC to play with 
  • 4 rocking chairs around the fireplace
  • A picnic table
  • Our Weber grill (charcoal that is, no gas grill for my husband!)
  • Last on the list, but the not the least is our OCBS, the best thing in the world.  The Original Charleston Bed Swing.  It is heaven on 4 chains.  Also the people who make them are amazing as well!  I grew up swimming in Preston and Barbara's pool during the summers with their kids. 
Here is the little places in life that keep us laughing, loving and living!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh that swing!! i think your back porch could be one of my favorite places as well!!

    ReplyDelete