Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer Tomato Pie

I just took a work break and took my little counter top compost bin out to dump it in pile.  While I was out I walked through the garden to see what needs to be weeding (that is B and Clark's job not mine, just to make sure we are all on the same page).  Walking in the garden I can see small green tomatoes on the vines.  My mouth starts to water at the thought of our first summer tomato pie with fresh tomatoes, onions and basil all out of our garden.

If you are reading this and have no clue what a tomato pie is, I am so sorry that you have never experienced this wonderfully amazing piece of heaven on a plate.  It is a good old pie crust filled with layers of fresh tomatoes, onions and basil.  Then on the top you make a cheddar cheese and mayo topping that cooks and oozes all into the pie.  If you think it sounds nasty, you are wrong!  If you have ever had one you will have to comment and back me up on this amazing little wonder!

When I make it in the next couple of weeks, I will post the pictures and the steps.  It will make your mouth water!

Here's to summer veggies and to the little things in life that keep us laughing, loving and living! 

No comments:

Post a Comment